Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Hawker Siddeley Harrier GR1 at McAir

Scan0000Scan0001 I got an inquiry from a reader asking about the Harrier GR1 visit to McAir on July 31 1970 that I ran a photo of in the McAir Building #42 story.

He wants any details and if this early visit was the basis for future collaboration on Harrier II. As I remember, this was a meet and greet for our people to see the Harrier up close. This was during early negotiations for McAir to build the Harrier in the US.

I found a photo of the aircraft in hover and several of it on our ramp from a modeling article by Dick Powers. I included a couple of photos sent to me by Hawker Siddeley of the Kestrel FGA.1,during Tri-partite Evaluation Squadron evaluation.

Click here to view photos

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feedspot.com Top 50 blog award!